mexico-bound


A week from tomorrow Kevin & I along with a group from our church are heading to Cancun, Mexico.
Honestly, Cancun sounds like such a crazy-non missions trip place to go, but when Kevin and I first heard about this trip we were immediately drawn to it. Cancun is obviously a very ritzy, resort type city. It has beautiful beaches,

crystal clear water, luxury resorts & spas, & is a prime cruise destination.
But there is a very different side to Cancun that many people never hear about. People from this area are living in extreme poverty and very poor conditions. They lack the basic necessities that we take for granted.

We are very excited to work with Vida Life Cancun Church, which was planted by a former member of our current church.
We leave (I can't believe it) next weekend.
Holy cow, I have so much to do! Like, get my passport back from the agency, for example! (long story, but it should arrive in the next few days)
So if you don't see me posting for awhile, it is because I will be faaar away, with hopefully no internet access :)
This is Kevin & I's first missions trip together, and we are very excited to see how God uses our team to reach people in Cancun. We are extremely blessed & lucky to be given this opportunity.
Prayers being accepted for us during this trip!
xox

Labels: