I've been skirting around this topic..

I've been meaning to write this post for awhile-but was not quite sure how to word it.
I know future employers might search my name on the internet and come across this blog-so I want to be respectful and mature about this sensitive subject.
But, to be honest, I'm not feeling respectful or mature at all.
I'm feeling pretty stinkin' excited-
Because I QUIT MY JOB.
Yes, yes, hold the applause, folks..
It is true.
After months and months as using this blog as an outlet to whine and gripe, I finally took matters into my own hands & handed in my 2 week notice.
For those of you who frequently read this ole blog, you know that my job has been a constant struggle for me, pretty much since I start back in February.
I was blessed with a full-time, stable, & well paying job that I just so happened to absolutely hate.
I struggled between quitting because of how much I dread it, or staying because of the money and stability, which in the current job market, are both hard to come by.
How could I complain and be miserable when there are people who are unemployed and just barely making it?
I felt selfish and childish most days, when it was so difficult to drag myself out of bed to go to a job where I knew I would get a great paycheck at the end of the week.
But here is what I soon realized.
The money, the stability, the safety net; none of it is worth it if I am genuinely unhappy and displeased in my work and daily routine.
Which I was.
Big Time.
Yesterday at church our Pastor preached about what the relationship should look like between employers and employees. Do you think that was a coincidence? I don't.
And the exact thing he said (which I hurriedly scribble down) was this;
"If your job or work environment makes you compromise your beliefs or convictions you need to find new work."
I almost jumped out of my seat and yelled "Hallelujah!"
hahah
That was exactly what I needed to hear, and after I did, I felt so good & confident in the decision I made. 
I never want to work in a place (or even be in a place) that brings me down, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. And unfortunately-this job did all of those things.
So this week will be my last here, and honestly it feels like Friday is light-years away! I know it will come quickly though, and in all truth, it will be a bittersweet day.
I have learned so much here, and grown in many areas.
But I know I have made the right decision for me and Kevin and our future together, and new opportunities are already on the horizon :)
xox