Saturday, December 10, 2011

thankful


The other night I was reading back through some of my old posts, and I realized how much I wrote about my struggles with what is now, my old job. I was very open about my hatred (to put it bluntly) for my work, and many people responded to these posts. I received encouraging messages, emails, and texts from various people in my life-for whom I am so grateful. I feel I owe it to them and to anyone willing to read, to give an account of the past few weeks, and my journey from my old job to my new one. I have mentioned little snippets here and there on this blog, but I will now give a more specific account. This is, more than anything, a testimony of God's faithfulness and love to me in what was a pretty tough time in my life.
As many of you know I was struggling with my old job for a long time. I started back in February, and while I was happy to have a job at all, it was not something I enjoyed in the slightest. Every night I dreaded the thought of getting up in the morning and going. I felt completely out of my element, and each day grew harder and harder to tolerate. Towards the end, I was praying everyday for God to show me what to do. I had searched everywhere I could think of for other work, but nothing was opening for me. I was scared to quit my bad job, only to be unemployed and cause Kevin and I to become completely broke (instead of only a little broke ;)). I dealt with this for awhile and a few events and happenings lead to the point where I knew that I needed to quit my job; pronto.
So on the day before Kevin and I left for Mexico, I put in my 2 week notice. It was a beautiful day :) But even though I was thrilled to be quiting, I was also stressed out about finding a new job. It was like a tug of war going on in my head.
That very day -I kid you not- I found out about an opening that was to become my new job.
2 lovely ladies from our church (who were also in Kevin and I's small group) partnered together and opened their own store this past summer. It started relatively small, just the 2 of them in a small space, but by August they already needed to expand and start hiring people. They offer unique clothing, shoes, accessories, and handmade artwork at a fraction of the cost of their competitors, and people LOVE it! Check out their facebook page here
So I found out on Friday that they were looking for another person to come work in the store and I immediately texted them telling them I wanted to apply! I emailed them my resume, and that was that. Kevin and I left for Mexico the next day.
When we got back from Mexico, I was finishing my last days at the old job, I got the word back that they wanted me to come work at the store!
This was the biggest blessing ever- that I could roll right from my old job into my new one. I literally didn't have 1 single day where I was unemployed! This was a huge answer to prayer, and I am so thankful for God's perfect timing.
I have been working at the store now for just about 3 weeks, and I am enjoying it so much. It is my first time really working in retail, and I have learned a lot. I am constantly trying to be more personable and outgoing with people who come in. I am generally a bit more reserved, so this job is making me step out of my comfort zone a little bit and be more personable (which is such a good thing!) Also, people in the south are a lot more openly friendly and kind to each other, in general, so I feel like I'm going from zero niceness to 200%!! hahah
So this was my update. God is good. He has answered my prayers. I am so glad He cares about even the smallest details of my life, and the bigger things too, like having a home & a job. Why would I ever doubt Him?

xox

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that everything worked out for you! God has his hand in everything and it's wonderful that he takes care of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things worked out for you! God will always provide!

    -lindsey lemmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such encouragement for me, and others I am sure. Sometimes when He asks us to take a step he doens't tell us what the next part is.
    It's only when we trust Him completely, step out in faith and hang on to Him that He lets his plan (or at least part of it) be known.
    I needed a timely reminder of this myself so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete