reminisce

This week was spent in Pennsylvania.
My time there was short but very sweet. I didn't get to spend time with everyone I would have liked to, or do everything I had wanted, but it was still wonderful. And I think everything fell into place just right.
I got to spend a lot of time with my mom, which was so fun. One afternoon we were driving around Gettysburg, and I realized just how very close to my heart that town is. It's a funny thing how memories work. They all seemed to come flooding back to me though, just driving along old roads I hadn't been down in awhile.
Gettysburg is where I was born. It's where I went to elementary & middle school. Its where I got my first job when I was 14, and where I met Kevin only a few years later. It's also where (in the picture above) he proposed to me, on the absolute coldest day in the history of the world; November 16th 2008.
& it's where, a few months later we got married.
Such a beautiful place, with even better memories to accompany the places.
It was so nice to be home.
xox