yapyapyap

I could go on and on about these 3 things. 3 little, simple things that could be summed up in just a few words. I'm not a very talkative person, but I love to talk about things that I'm passionate about, things that I believe in.
These are some of those things. & if you hang around me very much, you will see how each of these things have impacted me. They have shaped me as a person. & I love them for that.
-----------------------------------------
Africa.
For anyone that even-semi knows me, you know that Africa was literally my first love. When I was a toddler I asked my mom consistently to braid my hair in corn rows because I wanted to be black. Creepy? Maybe. (but as you can see, I eventually got them.) I really believe God put a love in my heart for this people & this culture at a very young age.
I first went to Africa when I was only 16. Life=changed.
I went back after I graduated high school, and my heart has been longing to return ever since. I realized that 3 years ago today I was in Uganda. 3 years is much too big of a gap.
I'm hoping God will call be back again soon. But until He does, I will talk about my past experiences to anyone who might listen. Want to hear where I went? Why? What I did? Ask me! I'll talk your ear off, I promise :)

God's faithfulness.
 This has really been revealed to me so much in the past year. I am so grateful that God's plans are bigger and better than mine. If I had followed my own path, there is no telling where I'd be right now. But because He is so loving and faithful to me, He has led me right where I need to be. 
I never thought I'd be in Mississippi; thats for darn sure! Never thought I'd be married at my age either. But I'm so happy he has brought me to this place. It scares me to think of where I would have taken myself on my own. 
 I hate it when I hear people say, "listen to your heart." No. Don't listen to your heart! The heart is your flesh, and it will always do what it feels like doing. If I'd have listened to my heart there is literally no telling where I'd be at this point. No, God's plans are so much better. & He speaks through your spirit, not your heart!

My family.
 
It makes my heart so sad when I hear about people coming from broken homes. So many of my friends don't know what it's like to have 2 incredible and kind parents bringing them up in a home full of love, and that is a sad thing. I am blessed over and over again by my parents and my sisters everyday. They shaped me into the person I am! I love love LOVE it when people ask me about my family. Especially people here in MS because they've never met my fam! I'll tell you all about them, & show you plenty of pictures too!

xox