getting into the games

I'd like to talk about something that makes me a bit nerdier than I already am. How is this possible, you might ask? 
It is possible & true because I have an unnatural obsesssion with the Olympics. We are talking obsessed.
 
I am so happy to note that Kevin and I have this nerdy trait in common.
2 years ago during the winter games in Vancouver, I swear our upstairs neighbors wanted to kill us for the amount of yelling happening during the US vs Canada hockey game. So intense.
So while the games in Vancouver were happening we had just moved to a new place & literally had zero friends. Consequently, the Olympics consumed our lives. We'd both get home from work and watch it for like 5 hours straight. It was amazing! During this time Kevin became obsessed with all things British Columbia and talked about traveling there on an almost daily basis. 
This is when we made a deal. We agreed that in 2 years we would go to London for the 2012 Summer games. It was far enough in advance, and London isn't a super crazy place to travel. I've already been there with my Dad, so we had that going for us too!
But now, its 2012 and the Olympics are nearly upon us. I am saddened to say that we have no tickets to London or the games. What happened? We had such great plans! But then, your husband goes back to school, you move 1,000 miles away from home and start from scratch. So, our plans didn't exactly plan out like we had intended.
We, like normal people everywhere, will be watching from the comforts of our own home on our own screen. We're still super excited to watch, and don't think for a second we won't be having awesome Olympic viewing parties!
(might need to warn the neighbors this time)
And I suppose there's always Sochi Russia in 2014 :)
-----------------
Do you & yours get stoked about the Olympics, or are we the only crazy ones?!