something about shorts & puppies

It feels like Summer.
I'm chilling out at 3 in the afternoon, wearing denim shorts, and Kevin is getting way into a soccer game in the next room. 
SUMMER!!
Can we talk about how awesome it is that my job allows me to wear denim shorts to work, and it's acceptable?! bomb.com
I feel like summer is such a funny thing when you're a grown up. You don't get summers off, like you did in school. I still have to go to work, and even though Kevin is technically a Grad student he still has to go to work throughout the summer months. Our schedules are basically the same, but something is different.
Maybe its the fact that there is fresh watermelon sitting in the fridge.
Or how I'm wearing the denim shorts at 3 in the afternoon. (I can't get past this)
Or maybe its just that my little sister is here visiting during her Summer vacay, so somehow I feel like it's my vacation too.
Whatever the case may be, I'm loving it and not trying to switch things up anytime soon.
----------
& now I'd like to share with you a picture of an adorable puppy.
We are regulars at our neighborhood pet store because Kevin has an aquarium. But while we usually go in to pick up a few new fish, I always manage to hold (& play with.. & take pictures of..) every single puppy that is for sale.
It's starting to be a problem, because the pet store owner now recognizes us and he's up to my tricks.
But did you really expect me to say no to that face?!
Didn't think so.
:)