step by step, day by day

[via]  
The other night I found myself writing about transitions. 
Honestly, the first thing that pops into my head after hearing that word are those crazy glasses that 'transition' into shades when you're in the sun. 
How creepy & futuristic, right?

Anywayyyys.. Kevin and I are approaching a few transitions in life.
(I wish I meant the glasses)
A big move is looming, along with (hopefully!) new jobs and new schools, a new apartment, new town, and maybe if we're lucky some new friends.

I'm a planner. I always like to know the next step. 
But unfortunately knowing the next step is not always possible. 
I'm learning that sometimes you just have to jump, and hope to figure it out 
on 
the
 way
down.

Scary, right?

But I read this the other day, when I was a bit stressed about things to come;
& it applies perfectly.

Every step on your life-journey can be a step of faith. Baby steps of trust are simple for you; you can take them with almost unconscious ease. Giant steps are another matter altogether: leaping across chasms in semi darkness, scaling cliffs of uncertainty, trudging through the valley of the shadow of death. These feats require sheer concentration, as well as utter commitment to God.
[Sarah Young]

So I'm left here, clinging to that hope.
And humming the Step by Step theme song..
...maybe.

We have been through transitions before (again, not the glasses).
And have made it out on the other side.
So more than anything this post is just a reminder for myself.
Even thought I can't see the other side right now, it's gonna be good.

xox