thankful list

Thanksgiving for us was a bit different this year. It was our first year away from family (we drove back last November). Some friends of ours were kind enough to invite us into their home and join in on their family celebration. They let us experience a true Southern Thanksgiving, with plenty of food and football! It was a beautiful and relaxing day.
After catching a movie Thursday afternoon we drove back home for an early evening, because it was back to work for me this morning! I was scared for my first black Friday working retail, but it really wasn't so bad.

Just on a whim I decided to partake in a family tradition that my Mom always made us do growing up. She always asked us to list some things we are thankful for. Mine are mostly lighthearted, but still fun to remember to be thankful for the small things in life.

I am thankful for...


breakfast for dinner
a husband that does laundry
flannel sheets
a good cup of coffee

cats in sweaters
this mild Mississippi November
friends to bake (& devour) cookies with
my sweet Saviour and His many blessings

Hope you all had a lovely holiday with those most important to you.
xox