juicy

Breakfast this morning! yum :)


I'm not sure why my sister and I waited so late in the month to embark on our glorious juice cleanse, but we did. It's nearly the end of January and we had to do it before she goes back to school next week!
So we hurried to get everything together in order to start today.
I myself start classes tomorrow (for real this time). Not sure why I didn't think of it before, but I don't really want to be that girl showing up on the first day with a giant green shake in hand. But it'll be worth a few odd stares, right?
I've gotten a lot of questions about our cleanse and I plan on doing a recap of it once we finish including the recipes we used. But the juice above (called 'green monster') includes; 4 golden delicious apples, 5-7 stalks of celery, half a cucumber, a few handfuls of spinach, and a few leaves of kale. (made about 3 servings)
I will be the first to admit that this whole juicing thing is very new to me. Usually, I count it a good day to make it through the morning without coffee or sugary cereal. But I've taken an interest in juicing over the past few months and have tried to do my research. Some of the testimonials are incredible! And more than anything, its about knowing exactly what I'm putting into my body, which is important!
So there's my little speech. With all of that said I already cheated today and ate a sweet potato at dinner. Oops! Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow :)
xox