4 months later!

You guys,
I have been a bad blogger. Like, really reeeally bad.
It's been nearly 4 months since my last post, and even that wasn't much of a post as just a random blurb of words.

Life has been good. I could blame my lack of blogging due to busyness, but that wouldn't really be the truth. I have plenty of time to write in between work and coffees with friends and life in general. I think somewhere along the way I lost that all important nugget needed to maintain a blog (or anything, really) :: Motivation.

You see, I keep in touch with my family and a few close friends from the US, but other than that I've sort of fallen off the grid. And while that might sound scary and a bit extreme I've found it to be quite liberating. I rarely log onto Facebook anymore and only email a handful of people on occasion. And while I've clung rather tightly to certain friendships I've found it easy and necessary to let go of a few. Not out of anger or anything that went wrong, but rather that it was just too much to keep up with them.

And I guess I felt like this blog was just a thing that was easier to let slip through the cracks than to work hard to maintain each week.Which seems a bit silly, because I feel like I have more to document and write about now than ever before. But that's the thing about life. You get so busy living it  that you forget to take time to reflect.

But here I am, four long months later, ready to do some reflecting.

We've been here in New Zealand for six and a half months now. It seems to have flown by but at the same time I feel like we've lived here for years. Time is funny like that, isn't it? Kevin loves his University and I love my job. We live in the quaintest little cottage imaginable, with a shower that trickles warm water and a miniature fridge. We've found an awesome church where we have met some of the kindest people. We have adapted to most all of the changes that come with a new country and culture, while still holding onto our Yankee-ness :)

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep at night I can't believe that this is our life. I joke that God could've given Kevin a position in Serbia, but how awesome that He brought us to one of the prettiest places on the planet. I also joke that this was redemption for Him taking us to Mississippi for 2 years! (Much love to my MS friends. I do love you, just not your heat!)
But really, who can compete with these views?


So for now, I'll keep it short and sweet. I need to ease my way back into the blogging world. If you'll have me, that is.