New England weekend


Last weekend my mom and I took a road trip to New England. We'd been planning a trip for just the 2 of us while I'm in the states, and this weekend came together sort of perfectly. We logged a lot of miles, but the drive was so worth it. A road trip with someone you love is never a bad idea.

Our first stop was Providence Rhode Island, where my mom had visited just last year and already fallen in love with. We walked the cute old streets, wandered around Brown University's campus and found a great Japanese place for diner. Everyone was so friendly! Providence has a small town feel with the sights of a city. I could easily live there.

Next, we drove north to Boston where we visited the John F. Kennedy museum and library. I'm not going to lie, this was the major driving force behind our trip. I'm a history nerd, especially American history, and have always been fascinated with the Kennedy's. The museum had a great location right on the water. My favorite thing at the museum was JFK's sailboat, which they had on display outside  by the harbor. So cool.

After our morning at the museum we drove south to Plymouth, were neither of us had ever been. I'm so glad we squeezed in this stop on our trip; it was so worth it! Between the Mayflower II (reproduction from the 1950's) and hello, Plymouth ROCK, and the most amazing clam chowder I've ever had in my life, it was a great way to end our short trip.

Thanks for good food, awesome weather, and beautiful sights, New England. We'll definitely be back.