Thursday, September 18, 2014
When I was in high school I had a very romantic vision of my future self. She was going to be strong, independent, and have absolutely every aspect of her life in order. I didn't know what she was going to do, or where she was going to go, but she would have it all figured out perfectly. I'm pretty sure I also thought that by the time I was 24 years old I'd be settled down in a pretty little house, with pretty children and a husband who works 9-5 and comes home with a pretty little paycheck.
And here we are. My life definitely does not fit that description, and I'm so happy it doesn't. At 24, I still don't know what I want to do when I 'grow up.' I don't know where I want to live, or work, or even eat dinner tonight.
And that's ok.
Here are 24 things I do know;
1. I love the uncertainty of life
2. I'm constantly discovering new things about myself and those around me
3. For instance, even though I profess to hate onions, I caught myself eating some that came on a dish I ordered the other night
4. I'm an introvert through and through
5. My favorite scripture is Hebrews 10:23
6. I communicate a thousand times better through writing than I do by talking
7. I don't own a hairbrush
8. I enjoy traveling alone
9. I'm deathly afraid of frogs
10. I'd trade my left arm to have a good singing voice
11. Seeing Prince William and Kate in person is one of my top 5 incredible life moments
12. At least a dozen half written in journals occupy space in my room
13. I have come to the realization that with friends quality trumps quantity
14. I don't usually volunteer information, but if you ask I'll talk
15. I've never been pulled over or had a ticket
16. Or a cavity! (knocks on wood)
17. I can name/sing all 50 states in alphabetical order (a good party trick in New Zealand) :)
18. My favorite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
19. If I've met you, chances are I've had a dream about you
20. Crunchy peanut butter is everything
21. I tend to overthink most everything, big or small, important or not
22. I compare Kevin to Ross from Friends and it makes me laugh
23. Speaking of Friends, I've seen every episode multiple times and quote it always
24. And finally, on my 24th birthday (Sunday) I hiked to the top of a cliffside with my family and took the picture above and then got stung on my arm by a bee on the way down but it was still beautiful and awesome and worth it.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
I'm definitely caught in that place of excited to go back and also sad to leave. I'm not sure if that feeling will ever go away, no matter where we end up.
At least here in PA summer seems to be giving us one last hurrah with hot hot HOT weather this week! Such bright sunshiny days here at home are numbered and obviously must be spent taking in baseball games, eating watermelon with a spoon and kayaking quiet streams.