reading list

    It was about this time last year that I decided to do a simple little task over the course of 2014. That was, to keep a list of all the books I read during the year. This wasn't hard to do by any means, it just came down to remembering to jot the title and author down each time. And it really motivated me to not only read, but also to finish what I started.

    I have a terrible habit of starting a book and not reading it through to the end. Mostly, I just lose interest and start another book instead. But I got tired of walking through bookstores and seeing books I only knew the beginnings of. If you have a similar problem I'd recommend listing the books you've read. For some reason this simple solution helped me complete more books that I think I would have otherwise.

Here are the books I read in 2014, in order.



The Kennedy Women 
by Larence Leamer

Three Cups of Tea 
by Greg Mortenstein

Peter Pan 
by JM Berrie

The Fault in Our Stars 
by John Greene

Mere Christianity 
by CS Lewis

What I Did While You Where Breeding 
by Kristin Newman

Forgotten God
by Francis Chan

The Hiding Place
by Corrie Ten Boom

Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

Its an Old Pennsylvania Custom
by Edwin Valentine Mitchell

Cards on the Table
by Agatha Christie

My Friend Leonard
by James Frey

The Lovely Bones
by Alice Sebold

Yes Please
by Amy Poehler

The Picture of Dorian Gray
by Oscar Wilde

Northanger Abbey
by Jane Austen








   As you can see, it's a pretty broad range of topics and authors. I try to keep a good variety on my shelf, and never stick to one genre for too long. There's a lot of good books on that list, and I'd recommend most of them. Two of my favourites where The Hiding Place, which is the story of a Dutch family who hid Jews from the Nazis during WWII, and My Friend Leonard, about a friendship between two men which forms while they're in rehab.

I've already started my reading list for the New Year, and hope to read many more good books this year. If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know!

Labels: , ,