string on my finger

     I have been unregimented in my blogging these past few months. That is not due to lack of life lessons or happenings or things to write about. Quite the opposite, in fact! I have been in a state of perpetual epiphanies. Where, at every corner, I’m having another great realization. So many 'wow' moments, too many to write about. God’s workings never stop amazing me. 

    And since I write this blog primarily for selfish reasons, so that future Lindsey can look back and learn from/remember something of her life, I’d just like to write a few things worth remembering. Because humans often do not realize the good times while we're in them. I hope to not make that mistake. The good times are now; today. Here's what I'll remember from my last few months of this beautiful life.


Remember saying yes to new and scary things, and loving them.

Remember walking to the grocery store on a brisk autumn night for nothing but ice cream and sour patch kids.

Remember the colour of blue the ocean is.

Remember being encircled by sweet friends who have become a second family, 
listening to their encouraging words and prayers.

Remember doing illegal things in traffic on a motorbike in order to make it to work on time.

Remember talking about Chipotle and nobody having any idea what that is.


Remember learning from children.

 Remember the comfort that a Skype call to home can bring.

Remember going to the beach alone to collect sea glass.


Remember weekend trips across this tiny but beautiful country.

Remember being able to pack up the entire contents of your home in just a few hours.

Remember the cactus outside your window that is abnormally large.

Remember writing because you have to but also because you love to.


Remember the server at Denny’s who recognized you from eating there so often.

Remember the adrenaline rush after draining your bank account to buy plane tickets home.

Remember it's not about what you have, but who you have.

Remember simplicity and the joy that it brings.