Ireland & the UK


















I realize that is this, perhaps, the most photos I've posted in a blog ever. And for that I am sorry. But when Kevin and I planned our move from New Zealand back to the US we decided to take the long way home, and that route included a lot of pictures. We stayed with friends in Northern Ireland, and trekked around the UK for nearly 2 weeks. It was an incredible trip, and even though we packed a lot into it, I was still glad to have stopped in all the places that we did.

Our favourite city was Edinburgh Scotland, and we hope to make a return trip in the not-so-distant future. We were also able to meet up with my sister and her new fiancé in London and see the sites on a scorcher of a summer day. My favourite thing there was the statue of Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens and also any place that had AC :)

We've been back in the US for just over a week now, and I am happy to report I've only tried to drive on the wrong side of the road twice! (This is a major achievement, thank you very much). It is strange  that since the last time we were home we have made a complete circle of the globe. Isn't it crazy that we live in a day and age where we can do that? My mind still boggles.

Kevin is already beginning work out west and I am preparing to start classes in Minnesota in early September. So many changes but we are thankful for where we are and where we have been. Travelling is one of my favourite things, but I'm looking forward to a sense of stability and 'normalcy' for awhile. Whatever that means-- right?

Labels: ,