FAQ

Whats a blog if not to put your whole self out there?
These are real questions that I get asked constantly in everyday life. Some of you don't know me in real life, so here are the answers!


Q: "How old are you?"
A: 21! My birthday is September 14, 1990.

Q: "And you're married?"
A: Yes! And have been for nearly 3 years now. You can read more in this post about how I deal with people (including strangers) asking me this question.

Q: "How did you and your husband meet?"
A: I met Kevin while we both worked at a colonial themed restaurant in Gettysburg PA during the Summer of 2007. He was working his way through college (and dating someone else) and I needed a part time job about to head into my senior year of high school. We didn't start dating until the following summer after I graduated.

Q: "Where are you from?"
A: I was born in Gettysburg PA, raised mostly in central PA, with a 4 year stint in upstate New York while my Dad attended seminary. My parents now live in York Springs PA, which is about 15 minutes north of Gettysburg.

Q: "I thought you were from Pittsburgh?"
A: Nope! Word circulated around our church that Kevin and I are from Pittsburgh, but unfortunately that is not true. Yes; we are huge Steelers fans (and Pens fans, and even Pirates fans) but we cannot call the steel city our home. (In fact, I've only been there once!)

Q: "Why are you in Mississippi?"
A: Kevin got a great grad assistantship offer from Mississippi State University in the fall of 2010. It was too good to pass up, so we moved here in December 2010 and have been here ever since! Kevin is set to graduate this December with his Masters Degree.

Q: "What does your tattoo mean?"

A: The verse is Jeremiah 1:5-8 which reads;
 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
    Before you were born I set you apart
    and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
“O Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!” The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!”

I wanted to go to Africa for as long as I can remember, even as a child. When I was 16 I was able to travel to South Africa to work with victims of apartheid. Being so young and seeing things I had only read about in books had a huge effect on me and my way of thinking. I fell in love with the people and the culture.
After graduating high school I had the opportunity to go to Uganda with my Dad and work & live in an orphanage there. This experience made me realize more of my love for children, and a calling of missions on my life.
So, in a wrap up; my tattoo symbolizes my travel to Africa at a young age, and the impact those experiences had and continue to have on my life today. You don't have to be a grown up for God to use you!


Q: "What do you do for work?"
A: Right now I work in retail! Never thought I'd find myself in any type of sales position, but it has been a huge learning experience. When Kevin is done school I'd love to go back and finish my degree in Early Childhood Education in PA. That's the plan, anyway :)


Q: "What's the biggest difference between the North and the South?"
A. Uhh.. wow. My answer to this question usually depends on who I'm talking to! Honestly, the weather is a huge adjustment. People in the North don't know what hot is and people in the South don't know what cold is (and I am not happy at all to know about both.) I think Southerners are more likely to be extroverted and friendly, while Northerners might keep to themselves. Northerners are more likely to be up front when they have a problem, and Southerners are a bit more passive about issues (and driving!) All in all, they are 2 very different places. And it makes sense that my sister actually thought she needed her passport to fly here from up north. Hah! True story.


Any other questions you'd like to have the answers to? (It's okay, I'm nosy too)
Ask away, my friends!
I'm an open book...err, blog :)